Download video from twitter
Twitter is not for video sharing — it’s only for text.
It is notoriously difficult to download videos that were posted in tweets. If you wish to share a video on Twitter, you will need to include the entire tweet. You can save the screen recording and edit it to your desired length. It’s not the easiest way to get the best quality, and it takes a lot of time. Don’t worry: There’s another way to download Twitter videos.
If you have the right steps, you can share a Stephen A. Smith response video to Twitter with others or save it to your own meme folder.
This guide will show you how to download Twitter videos to your computer or phone and how to save Twitter videos.
1. Save or download the Tweet video you like
A screenshot of the Twitter reaction video by Stephen A. Smith that we would like to download. Credit: Screenshot/Twitter
There are many videos flooding Twitter. These videos range from reactions videos to original videos that were recorded by others and then posted. Locate the Twitter video you wish to save first.
2. Copy the link to the Twitter video
To download the Twitter video, you will need to copy the tweet link. Screenshot / Twitter
Copy the link to the tweet containing the video once you have found it on Twitter. You can also copy the URL directly from your browser’s address line if you are using a browser. Click the share button in the bottom right corner of the tweet and choose “Copy link for Tweet.” Mobile users can click the share button in the bottom right corner. Then, select “Copy link.” You’re now ready to download and save videos from Twitter.
3. You can download the Twitter video, or save it to a third-party site.
You’re now able to download a Twitter clip! Credit: Screenshot by Twitter
Once you have the tweet URL copied, you can go to Save Twitter Vid or Tweet Video Downloader. You’ll need to copy the link and then click on download.
Suppose you want to find a way to keep watching that cute cat video that you never get tired of, or save a video to watch later. Twitter does not allow you to download videos directly from its platform. But where there is a will, there is always a way.
Read on to learn how to download Twitter videos using various devices.
How to Download Twitter Videos From a PC or Desktop Using TinyWow
There isn’t a built-in feature allowing you to save a Twitter video to your PC. You’ll need to use a third-party online Twitter video downloader service. You just need to copy the video’s URL, then paste it via the website. Follow these steps to use Twitter Video Downloader to download and save a Twitter video.
- Launch Twitter and sign in to your account.
- Search for the Twitter video you want to download.
- Click on the “Share” option, then “Copy link to Tweet.”
- Navigate to “TinyWow.com.”
- Scroll down and find “Twitter Download.”
- Paste the URL into the box and click “Find Video.”
- Click “Download” and choose where you want to save your file.
Lastly, you will be transferred to a new tab. Click the three vertical dots and choose “Download”.
How to download video from twitter iPhone
Twitter doesn’t allow you to save videos from their platform. However, several third-party apps are available, like “My Media application“ or “Documents by Readle.” Download either app, then follow these steps to get your favorite footage saved to your iOS device.
- Open Twitter and find the footage you want to save.
- Press the “Share” button, then press “Copy the link to Tweet.”
- Open the third-party app you downloaded earlier.
- Tap on the browser icon to launch an in-app browser.
- In the browser, go to the following URL: www.twittervideodownloader.com.
- Paste the copied video link in the box, then hit “Download.”
- A new download link will display. Tap “Download Video” and enter a name to save your video. The video will be saved to the app.
- To save the video to your iOS device, open the app and tap “Save to Camera Roll.”
How to Download Twitter Videos From an Android Device
Twitter doesn’t allow you to download videos directly from the platform. Therefore, you’ll need to use a third-party application. The Download Twitter Videos app is one of the best apps for the job. Here’s how to start saving your favorite Twitter videos to your Android device.
- Sign in to your Twitter account and locate the video you wish to download.
- Tap the “Share” button, then choose “Copy the link to Tweet.”
- Go to the Play Store to download the “Download Twitter Videos” app.
- Open the app and paste the Twitter video link there.
- At the bottom-right corner of the page, hit the “Download” button.
The video will now download. To watch the video, open the app and select it or go to the “Gallery” to watch it offline.
How to Download Videos From a Twitter DM
There is no option to download a video received by direct message. Here are some methods you could use to save your DM videos to your computer.
Use a Chrome Extension
The Video Downloader PLUS Chrome extension is probably one of the quickest and easiest ways to save your DM videos. Follow these steps to do just that.
- Navigate to “Google Chrome Extension,” then add the “Video Downloader PLUS“ extension.
- Sign in to Twitter and play the DM video you wish to save.
- At the top right, click on the Video Downloader PLUS extension.
- It will display several resolution options to download the video in. Select the desired file and size, then your video will download.
FFmpeg is free, open-source software that allows you to download videos from various platforms, not just Twitter. The process is quick, hassle-free, and compatible with Windows and macOS.
First, you’ll need to visit the official FFmpeg website to download and install the FFmpeg codec. Then you’ll need to get the .m3u8 link from the video you wish to save.
How to Get the .m3u8 URL
- Sign in to your Twitter account and open the DM with the video in question.
- Press F12 or use hotkey “Ctrl + Shift + I” (Windows) or “Cmd + Shift + I” (Mac) to launch the “Developer Tools.”
- From the Developer Tools window, click on the “Network” tab.
- Play the DM video you want to save.
- In the “Filter” text box in the “Network” tab, type “.m3u8.” You’ll see a list of video playlists of file type .m3u8.
- Twitter typically has two or three video versions with different resolutions or quality. Select the URL for the file and size you desire.
Now with the .m3u8 URL copied to the clipboard, take these steps.
- Launch the command prompt by typing “cmd” in the search box, and press “Enter.”
- Paste the .m3u8 link, then hit “Enter.” FFmpeg will download the video to your user’s folder.
Use YouTube-DL Utility
You could use YouTube-DL, which involves a command prompt and is Windows and macOS compatible. First, get the latest version here. Next, grab a copy of your .m3u8 link using the steps from the How to Get the .m3u8 URL section above. Then, follow this step.
- Launch the Command Prompt and enter the following syntax:
youtube-dl.exe <m3u8 link>”
Your Twitter video will be downloaded to the current directory.
Use VLC Media Player
If you’re not an FFmpeg or YouTube-DL fan, you can use the VLC Media Player to download the .m3u8 file. Here’s how.
- Visit the VLC Media Player official website to run the latest Windows or Mac version.
- From the home screen, click the “Convert/Save” option.
- Choose the “Network” tab and paste the copied .m3u8 URL of the video you wish to download.
For complete steps on getting the .m3u8 URL, check out the How to Get the .m3u8 URL section just above the Use YouTube-DL Utility section.
- Then click the down-pointing arrow beside the “Convert/Save” button and choose “Convert.”
- From the “Convert” window, select the video “Profile,” then click “Settings” (wrench icon) next to it.
- Under the “Video codec” tab, check the “Keep original video track” box.
- Under the “Audio codec” tab, check the “Keep original video track” option.
- Hit the “Save” button.
- In the “Convert” window, check that you’re satisfied with the path populated in the “Destination file.” Otherwise, click the “Browse” button to choose another folder in which to save the video.
- Click “Start.”
VLC will now download your Twitter video.
Permanent Access to Your Favorite Twitter Videos
Twitter users will need help from third-party services if they want to download any videos posted on the platform. Many free apps allow you to save Twitter videos to your devices, including Twitter Video Downloader and VLC Media Player. Some methods are easier to use than others, but ultimately, the job gets done. Now you can have permanent access to the videos you found the funniest or most interesting, as long as they are available at the source.
What was the funniest or most exciting video you’ve received? Did you download it using one of the methods described here? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
What’s download twitter videos/GIF service?
Twitter Video Downloader Online Free to MP4HD This tool allows you to download and save tweet videos without any program on Desktop, MAC, iPhone iOS and Android
Twitter video converter allows you to convert all tweets video and GIF files to mp4 files. It’s completely online and free.
Download Twitter videos to your iPhone or Android:
Online Twitter video downloader for Desktop and Mobile allows you to download tweet videos in Ultrahigh Defension, High defension and Low Quality as well as (MP4) and to also download twitter GIFs to your computer.
Tweets can include GIFs and videos from Twitter. To download a video from twitter online, you will need the URL (or the link to the tweet).
TwSaver.com will copy/paste the Twitter URL and extract the video URL in multiple Qualities MP4.
Finally, you can save your twitter videos and GIFs to your computer or mobile phone.
How do I download Twitter videos and GIFs?
- Go to your Twitter account
- Go to the page on Twitter that has the video or GIF file you are looking for.
- Right click on the video or GIF image to copy the video or GIF link
- Copy the link and click the Download button
- Our site will automatically create 3 buttons with All Available Video Quality (UHD-HD-SD).
- Start downloading your favorite video quality by choosing the Quality You Like Best
How can I download video from twitter in Android and iOS
iPhone Video / GIF Downloader Guide
It is easy to download videos to iOS devices. Follow our steps to learn how to get Twitter videos as MP4 on iPhones, iPads, and iPod . We have explained how you can download video from twitter on iphone and how download video from twitter iphone.
Android Guide for downloading twitter video / GIF online
You can also download Twitter videos to your Android phone if you have an Android phone like Samsung, HTC, Huwaie or Sony.